SAVE $80 ON DUCT CLEANING AND $25 ON DRYER VENT CLEANING FOR A LIMITED TIME!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Air Duct Cleaning
WHEN SHOULD I DO AN AIR DUCT CLEANING?
According to your National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), air duct cleaning is recommended every three to five years. Dust builds up naturally in the home and the ventilation system should be cleaned out to avoid collection of these allergens and mold spores. Those with pets or allergies typically keep to this recommended timeline.
Air duct cleaning should also be considered after any type of remodeling in the home. If harmful construction dust is created in the home, all this debris will circulate through your HVAC system.
WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN
A PROPER AIR DUCT CLEANING?
There are very crucial points to ensure a proper air duct cleaning is done. If some or any of these components are overlooked, the job was not done correctly.
1. All vents (supplies and returns) should be included in the upfront price.
2. NO "sanitizers," "disinfectants," "foggers," "organic chemicals" should ever be used in the ventilation system. This is not certified by NADCA. It is not proven effective and can cause health issues for those in the home.
3. BOTH sets of main trunk lines attached to your furnace should be included in the upfront price. Many companies will try to up-charge you for items like this on site so it is imperative to ensure both main lines are included in the cleaning.
4. Vent cleaning should always be done under BOTH a positive and a negative pressure. A NADCA certified technician knows that in order to clean the system properly, a positive pressure agitation device must snake through each and every vent stirring up the dust and debris inside. Simultaneously, the negative pressure stemming from the trunk lines above the furnace will pull out the debris as it is agitated.
5. Air flow producing components of the furnace itself must be included. Considering all of your air flows directly through the unit, it will also collect the same debris as the ducts. A technician that does this properly will clean all blades of the blower motor fan and the squirrel cage housing the fan. Also, one should always have a clean filter on site for the technician to swap out after the cleanse is complete.
6. The last piece of air duct cleaning is not necessarily part of the process, but instead a precaution to know the service is being done correctly and intelligently. Please be sure that the company you choose is NADCA certified. This will weed out scammers and ensure you receive the best quality of work.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
WHAT IS A DRYER VENT?
Your dryer vent cleaning is much different than simply cleaning the lint trap after each load. The dryer's heat must exhaust the house through its dryer vent pipe that runs from the back of the dryer to the outside of your home.
WHY/HOW OFTEN DO
I NEED TO CLEAN THIS VENT?
Dryer vents are the leading cause of fires in a home. Just like the lint trap, your dryer vent will collect lint over time. If the lint builds up and the heat cannot escape, the dryer can catch fire. It is extremely important to maintain a regular cleaning maintenance on your dryer vent to avoid treacherous dryer fires, as well as enhancing the efficiency of your dryer and extending its lifetime.
It is recommended to clean the vent yearly.
IS THERE A CORRECT WAY
TO CLEAN THE VENT?
Yes! A company should clean the vent from both ends of the pipe. tThe technician should clean from the where the pipe starts at the wall to the outside, as well as from the outside exit back down to the pipe. Cleaning from only the inside or only the outside will leave the other end clogged and the service becomes ineffective leaving you still at risk for fire.
WHAT ARE SIGNS THAT IT'S
TIME TO CLEAN THE VENT?
There are a few indicators that will give you a heads up that it's time to clean the vent.
Dryer takes too long to dry
Clothes smell like mildew
Clothes smell like smoke
Dryer won't heat up
WHY CHOOSE ALL PRO?
All Pro takes care to ensure the entire length of your pipe is clean. Your technician will clean from the outside in and the inside out for a flat rate price, no surprises on site.
Do ensure that the pipe is a 4" hard pipe. If your pipe is made of flexible material, this is also a fire hazard, as the vent cannot be fully cleaned. All Pro can quote you to reroute the pipe if such instance occurs.
All Pro is your safest, most reliable and honest bet for your ventilation system cleaning needs. All of the components of a proper air duct cleaning are included for the price given over the phone with no up-charging upon arrival.
Your technician is not only NADCA certified, but is also HVAC certified. He possesses an intimate knowledge of the system and will provide you an upfront price for all the necessary pieces of the process. Upon completion, you can rest assured that you received a quality service.